Holistic Health is the practice of working with the “whole” person to improve overall health, energy, and outlook. Rather than a disease based approach to health care–see a doctor, take a pill, rinse, and repeat–a holistic practitioner uses a wellness-based model to treat everything – mind, body, spirit, and beyond. In other words, practitioners focus on your general wellbeing.
In a primary field of holistic health, holistic nutritionists work with individuals and groups to improve their nutritional intake. Moreover, they act as peer-mentors to make sure those improvements take hold and prosper. Within this field, there are Nutritional Therapy Practitioners, Health & Wellness Coaches, and Holistic Nutrition Consultants, to name just a few.
Practitioners are trained and certified to work with clients in a number of ways, such as:
- Wellness guidance and support
- Education for improving lifestyle, and managing stress
- Advisement on nutrient intake
- Research Issues
- Provide follow-up support
- Review lab assessments
- Summarize case and group findings
- Provide Recommendations
- Teach health professionals and consumers, and
- Consult with other practitioners